Dangerous Electrical Wiring
We include below a small selection of dangerous wiring that our electricians have encountered whilst working at various premises. Whilst poor wiring usually only results in some electrical items not working, sometimes it can be much more serious:
House fires – the statistics:
- Cooking activities – 55% of fires (15% deaths)
- Smokers’ materials and matches – 11% (34% deaths)
- Electric, gas and open fires – 5% (10% deaths)
- Candles – 3% (2.5)
- Source: Fire Safety Campaign
So make sure that you do not do any mains electrical wiring yourself (now illegal unless you are suitably qualified), and employ a fully qualified electrician to do it for you!
These old style connectors and junction boxes are no longer acceptable, these will need to be replaced or cable routes rewired.
This junction box is designed for just 4 cables. Here you can see someone has managed to cram in 13!
The wiring here was found in a loft extension, the owner of which was a DIY fanatic. Photo speaks for itself.
Rats and Mice clearly can cause great damage. This house was so bad, it needed a full rewire.
This is the result, of letting the builder do his own wiring. We found no earth here in this bathroom. All circuits had to be re-earthed.
- 5 Russ Close
- LE12 8NG
Tel: 01509 557583
Email: [email protected]
Why call JH Electrical?
- Large Domestic, Commercial & Industrial Works
- NICEIC approved
- Trustmark & Part P approved
- City & Guild fully qualified 17th Edition electricians
- Competitively priced
- Free no obligation quotation
- Fully guaranteed & insured workmanship
- All work to current british standards